[TYPO3-dev] Current pid not yet available while FE authentication?

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sun Nov 25 12:55:58 CET 2012

Hi,

On 22-11-2012 20:33, Steffen Müller wrote:
> I use my own authentication service (added with
> t3lib_extMgm::addService(), as subtype 'authUserFE, getUserFE').
>
> Within my getUser() function I need to access some settings from
> TypoScript. I have a multidomain environment where domain specific
> settings are stored in TS.

These problems can often be solved by choosing a completely different
approach for the entire problem. You selected the path of an
authentication service, ran into problem #1, solving it causes more
problems and you'll end up building a complete FE environment inside the
authentication service before the FE environment is built for the actual
request.

Maybe you could explain what you try to achieve? It could very well be
that a completely different solution will work for you.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!