[TYPO3-dev] Problem with Unlink lockfile

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sat Nov 17 22:00:44 CET 2012

Hi Georg,

Georg Schönweger wrote:

> ok, a) i answered myself now; it can happen when e.g. a PHP error
> occurs. lockfile gets created, but doesn't get released later ...
>
> So should this only be a problem in development enviroments?

Not in normal hosting environments, but might happen on servers with custom
configuration.

I think I have a similar issue with a server that is frequently crashing
against the memory limit. The crashed process does not delete the lock file
and the installation triggers many warnings about stale lock files.

Anyway, the best solution is to reach a state without errors.

I did not investigate yet, but maybe it helps to switch to a different
locking method.

I would be interested into creative solutions :)

Cheers
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!