[TYPO3-dev] 6.0 Extension manager: Other TERs?

Christian Weiske christian.weiske at netresearch.de
Tue Nov 13 17:55:54 CET 2012

Hello Christian,

> > I saw the database table
> > tx_extensionmanager_domain_model_repository, but adding new entries
> > there didn't yield any results.
> Currently only typo3.org repo is implemented, some methods are
> prepared for multi repos, though. BTW: Multi repository handling was
> never working in 'new old' em either, and 'old old' em never had such
> a feature. Furthermore, I don't know any agency using own TER, most
> share and deploy with some version system anyway.

It didn't work correctly in the old EM, but I actually got it working
with a patch:
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/25387

Even with the patch it's still very clumsy and you have to navigate
around some bugs, but *it is actually possible* to install an extension
from a second TER - see the step-by-step list in the bug.

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-= Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 =-