[TYPO3-dev] possible bug in mailform (4.7)?

Kjeld Schumacher ks at not-only-pixel.de
Wed May 16 12:49:47 CEST 2012

Hi,
before I open a bug report I would like to have a second opinion on this
topic. I am using TYPO3 4.7 and in the documentation [1] there is an
example for creating a MAILFORM by typoscript.

temp.mailform = FORM
temp.mailform {
  dataArray {
    10.label = Name:
    10.type = name=input
    20.label = Nachricht:
    20.type = nachricht=textarea,40,10
    100.type = submit=submit
    100.value = Absenden
  }
  recipient = info at example.com
  layout = <div class="some-class">###LABEL### ###FIELD###</div>
}

If I use this example there is an Uncaught TYPO3 Exception which says:
PHP Catchable Fatal Error: Argument 2 passed to
tx_form_Controller_Form::cObjGetSingleExt() must be an array, null
given, called in ###/typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/class.tslib_content.php on
line 583 and defined in
###/typo3/sysext/form/Classes/Controller/Form.php line 102

I traced it down to typo3/sysext/form/Classes/Controller/Form.php
line 110. There is a if clause which checks for the CType 'mailform' but
in this case no CType is defined. As a result of this if clause the
variable
$mergedTypoScript is not set and results in a call to cObjGetSingleExt
with a NULL value.

At this point I am little bit stuck, if I define a else clause and set
$mergedTypoScript to $typoScript the error is gone but no output...

Did I make a mistake or can someone confirm this behavior?

Thanks for any hints...

[1] -
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tsref/4.5.1/view/1/7/

--