[TYPO3-dev] EXT extends another ext -> namespace?

Robert Wildling robertwildling at gmail.com
Tue May 15 15:55:12 CEST 2012

Hi,

A pi-based et defines
var $prefixId = "tx_myext_pi1";

in order to get variables from the URL it generates (among other things).

So it is possible to use piVars['name'] to retrieve a value that was set
by myext.

But what if myext uses myOtherExt to produce output? In the URL there is
no longer a
&myext[name]=YX

attribute, but a
&myOtherExt[name]=YX.

I no longer can get the value via piVars[name], because the prefixId is
no longer correct.

Changing the prefixId doesn't seem to change anything...

A concrete example is ws_contentpagebrowser which itself relies on
Dmitri Dulepos pagebrowse ext. In my scenario it doesn't work, because
the begin value always resolves to NULL.

Any idea how to solve this problem?
Thanks!
Robert