[TYPO3-dev] Logging context

Christian Lerrahn (Cerebrum) christian.lerrahn at cerebrum.com.au
Tue May 8 06:21:16 CEST 2012

Hi,
I've been struggling with logging not working in certain contexts. I
created a class which is only used as a library. However, I want to
instantiate a logging object there and log via that.

So, what I know is that I can log e.g. from a module's index.php or a
service's main file. However, if I try logging from an object
instantiated there, the logging just never happens.

There are no error messages but the logging just never happens (neither
syslog nor devlog). What are the context constraints for logging or how
do I make sure it does work in the context I am in? Can I maybe require
a certain file again to make sure it works?

Cheers,
Christian