[TYPO3-dev] phpStorm - inline comments moved by one tab after code line

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Wed May 2 08:15:17 CEST 2012

Hi Adrien,

Adrien Crivelli wrote:

> Slightly off-topic, but I always wondered who came up with that
> indentation rule and what the reasons behind it are. Anybody would care to
> enlighten me ?
>
> And is it used anywhere else ? I've never seen anything similar before...

I never seen it elsewhere either, but I can tell you what the use is.

The additional intention really shifts the focus away from the comments and
you can distinguish comments and code much better. Also you can /find/
comments much faster because stay tick out (or better in) from the rest of
the code.

This is especially true if you look at the code with poor or none syntax
highlighting.

Cheers
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!