[TYPO3-dev] TER upload

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Mar 30 10:42:42 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 30-3-2012 7:46, Adrien Crivelli wrote:
> Is there any documentation somewhere about the API used to upload an
> extension to TER ?

No documentation I'm afraid. Just the code in the Extension Manager and
the TER extensions.

> Another thing is, I have a hunch that many extension currently available on
> TER are not in use anymore and that it wouldn't matter that much if they
> would disappear (meaning not migrated to forge). Am I wrong about that ? Is
> there any statistics for each extension on how often they are downloaded in
> the last X months ?

As far as I know only the total downloads and the downloads of a single
version are counted in the TER.

I don't think extension authors would want to have an automatic process
that each tag/branch is published in TER. We shouldn't force them to use
forge/svn/git either.
A publish option in forge would be nice, but we need Redmine expertise
and someone to build it.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 v4 Core Team member