[TYPO3-dev] TER upload

Adrien Crivelli adrien.crivelli at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 03:56:46 CEST 2012

In my opinion, the best would actually be to base TER on the forge. And use
git and svn as primary, unique source for extension (similar to what is
done with Wordpress).

Releasing a new extension/version of extension would be a matter of
creating a new tag in svn/git. No "manual syncing" needed anymore between
TER and forge. Much, much fastest publishing workflow for developers, and
much less confusing for user. Also this would imply that only extension
hosted on forge are available via TER, which is, in my opinion, a good
thing. To have a (very low) technical requirement to publish extension
ensure that we don't have too many low-quality extensions.

Anyway, I re-uploaded my extension with version 1.2.1, so after
incrementation 1.2.2. But it didn't appear on TER yet. I guess I need to be
patient. Or is there mechanism in TER wich prevent downgrading version
number ?

Cheers.

Adrien