[TYPO3-dev] Using the linkvalidator for a field with internal type "file_reference"

Ivan Ruiz Gallego ivan at loglan.net
Wed Mar 28 09:22:47 CEST 2012

Hi Philipp,

You can download the extension using the link below. The extension is
not documented yet.

http://www.loglan.net/fileadmin/pgampe/T3X_ll_liberty_docs-0_1_3-z-201203280858.t3x

I already took a look at the analyzeRecord() function. In my opinion,
the TCA field configuration must fulfil the condition below in order to
get analysed / recognised by the linkvalidator extension.

if ($conf['softref'] && strlen($valueField))

In my case this condition is not met. My TCA configuration for the field
"file" looks like this:

'file' => array (
	'exclude' => 1,
	'label' =>
'LLL:EXT:ll_liberty_docs/locallang_db.xml:tx_lllibertydocs_dokumente.file',

	'config' => array (
	        'type'          => 'group',
		'internal_type' => 'file_reference',
		'allowed'       => 'pdf, ppt, jpeg, png, gif',
		'max_size'      => $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['BE']['maxFileSize'],
		'size'          => 6,
		'minitems'      => 0,
		'maxitems'      => 6,
	)
),

I've just tried to add the a 'softref' => 'url' to the configuration
above. Within analyzeRecord() the condition above is met, but
$resultArray resulting from parsing the soft reference is NULL.

I don't know if this behaviour is a bug of the link validator extension.
To me it seems more like a feature, which might be added to it.

What do you think about it?

Regards
Ivan