[TYPO3-dev] Using the linkvalidator for a field with internal type "file_reference"

Ivan Ruiz Gallego ivan at loglan.net
Tue Mar 27 11:25:01 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

I have programmed an extension for simple document management. A
database table contains document records. The field "file" contains the
path (relative to web root) to the document. This field is configured
(TCA) with a type "group" and an internal type "file_reference".
Additionally, I have configured the link validator using the PageTS
accordingly.

I renamed some of the files referenced by document records (i.e. I
deliberately generated some error cases). Unfortunately, the link
validator didn't detect these errors. After checking my configuration, I
took a look at the source code of the link validator and got the
impression that the validator ignores this kind of fields. Can anyone
confirm this impression?

Thanks and best regards
Ivan