[TYPO3-dev] Logoff hooks

Dave Sexton list-typo3 at jack.org.uk
Mon Mar 26 20:07:07 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am currently working on an authentication service to integrate typo3
with a forum. I am aiming for a SSO style integration and so am looking
at both login and logoff.

I am aware of the hooks in the logoff function of t3lib_userauth and
these look to be exactly what I need in order to trigger a logout of the
forum software when the user explicitly logs out of Typo3. The only
problem is that the hook seems to get called several times during a page
load when no user is logged into Typo3. I cannot see any difference in
the data passed to the function during a 'real' or 'fake' logoff.

Obviously, I only want to trigger a forum logoff when the user has
explicitly requested a logoff but I cannot see how to identify when that
has occurred.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

Thanks in advance,

Dave