[TYPO3-dev] Quick PHP question

"Christian Müller (FLOW3 Team)" christian.mueller at typo3.org
Wed Mar 14 13:55:44 CET 2012

Sorry for the empty answer, hit the wrong key combination...

I think this sentence is a bit misleading, fact is that a class cannot
extend from more than one other class. So you need a chain of extensions
to do that. As you cannot know if other extensions want to extend the
same class as you at some point in time the XCLASS configuration
basically helps to build such an "extended class chain" without knowing
all possible extensions.

Thats all, so no, a PHP class can be extended by many classes, but a
class can only extend one other class at a time.

Cheers,
Christian