[TYPO3-dev] Localization of related records at BE

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Wed Mar 14 11:50:38 CET 2012

Hi, List.

I've already asked this question in general TYPO3 list, but since it is
related to development, I'm asking here too.

Is there any way to instruct the core to fetch localized linked record on
main record localization?

Example:
table "categories"
"category 1" (default language)
"category 1 ll" (localized "category 1")

table "items"
"item 1" (default language with relation to "category 1")

I click on localization icon of "item 1" in BE "List" module, and I expect
"category 1 ll" to appear as related record, but core leaves "category 1".
Can I change this behavior by some TCA settings or it should be done by
hooks only?

Thanks.