[TYPO3-dev] GraphicsMagick always converts all layers from .psd

Oliver Salzburg oliver.salzburg at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 9 11:08:18 CET 2012

On 2012-03-09 10:18, Kay Strobach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As far as i know:
>
> PSD is not seen as a production image file format, see installtool for a
> list of supported fileformats ;)
>
> Regards
> Kay
>
> Am 09.03.2012 00:00, schrieb Oliver Salzburg:
>> I was wondering why TYPO3 wouldn't generate thumbnails for .psd files
>> so I went digging. I use GraphicsMagick for this installation and it
>> seems like GraphicsMagick always converts all layers of the .psd.
>> Which leads to unexpected output filenames.
>>
>> For example, I have a .psd with 3 layers.
>> Even though gm is called with "filename.psd[0]" as the input argument,
>> it will export all 3 layers with .0, .1 and .2 suffixes.
>>
>> Our hosting provider uses GraphicsMagick 1.3.12. Is this a known issue
>> to anyone?

Yes, you're right, it's not.
I was just looking into the option of generating thumbnails for .psd
files. And it seemed like TYPO3 would have no problem creating those,
if IM or GM support it.
They both seem to have support for it.

So I just added psd to [GFX][imagefile_ext] and went from there.

As suggested by other people, I'll now provide -flatten as an
additional parameter. That seems to be the correct solution.

Regards
Oliver