[TYPO3-dev] How to fetch ext/EXTKEY/Documentation/... from TER?

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Mon Jun 25 10:13:18 CEST 2012

Hi folks, welcome to this week.

I would like to make the next move and add a job that renders reST
documentation from the EXTKEY/Documentation subfolder if present at
http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/Extensions/

The 17614 instances of extension documentation that are currently made
are all made from their respective OpenOffice file 'manual.sxw'.

As an "API" to access the necessary sources I've been using HTTP
requests only that are publicly offered on http://typo3.org anyway.
Which wasn't bad as didn't introduce any new demands.

New requirement:
I looks like that in order to render EXTKEY/Documentation/*.rst stuff
I need to fetch the whole extension package.

Problem:
It looks like that the *.zip version of an extension is very often not
available. So I could fetch the *.t3x package. BUT:

Q: Do we have an up to date T3X-unpacker? Standalone? That will stay
up to date?

If you ask ask me, somebody should add a CLI service to TYPO3 that
offers packung and unpacking from the commandline. That's why I'm
posting here: the DEV list ist for developers, isn't it? So: Who likes
to be the one :-?

Besides:
With whom could I chat about how we should connect the TER machine
with documentation rendering tools? There needs to be some kind of
signalling or API.

Any help, ideas and comments welcome. Cu!

martin.bless at typo3.org skype: martin.bless

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de