[TYPO3-dev] Log in frontend user before page access check

Richard Davies richard at ocular.co.nz
Fri Jun 1 05:06:36 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I have pages that are set to 'show at any login'. I want Backend Users to
be able to go to the URLs for these pages (from a link in a backend module
or from custom TCA field, or even page tree), be automatically logged in
before access check for the page (so they don't get a 302 and are sent to
root page and are forced to log in) and then view the page.
Anyone know if it is possible to do in one page load?

I've tried adding a library, but it gets included after page permissions
are checked so the user is redirected before login, and ext_localconf.php
and ext_tables.php are executed before $GLOBALS['BE_USER']->user is filled.
Know its a longshot, but I'd rather check for a backend user in the
frontend and then log them in as a frontend user, instead of having to
either 1. create a TSFE in the backend to log the user into, or 2. have a
hidden iframe somewhere that forces the be_user to invisibly 'visit' the
frontend so they can be logged in by the library before they click any
links.
I'm happy to get a 'thats not possible' answer back, at least it will
confirm what I've checked.

Thanks
Richard