[TYPO3-dev] jumpurl generally insecure?

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Tue Jul 24 18:03:14 CEST 2012

Hi.

While we are at it:

jumpurl is disabled by default if the referer is missing.

But that is not working in 4.5 (didn't test for other releases). It
looks like a bug to me in tslib_fe->checkJumpUrlReferer():

Just in case, I appended a patch which should fix it for 4.5

If you prove this to be a bug, please open an issue on forge and push a
changerequest to gerrit. I run out of time ATM.

But in general I am unsure if relying on a referer is a good idea. You
can never fully trust these parameters, since they are generated on
client side.

--
cheers,
Steffen