[TYPO3-dev] Setup after checking out git master

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Jul 19 11:54:31 CEST 2012

Hi Christian,

Christian Weiske wrote:

> On a "normal" release, I get the install tool that guides me through
> the process.
> However when opening the host with the typo3 git master checkout in my
> browser, I only get
>> Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message
>> 'localconf.php is not found!

The git master just contains the source, not the dummy package. You will
need to create the folders uploads, fileadmin, typo3temp and typo3conf.
There must be a localconf.php inside the typo3conf directory.

I am not sure, but it might be that you also need a few lines in the
localconf.php file.

Cheers
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!