[TYPO3-dev] TER on TYPO3.org

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Wed Jul 4 17:58:37 CEST 2012

Hi Robert,

Robert Wildling wrote:

> When searching for (eg) indexed_search I expect the result list to spit
> out indexed_search as the very first hit since it matches the search
> term perfectly.
>
> Instead a whole list of other extensions is listed so that I have to
> search through the search result list again...
>
> Neither the filters nor the sorting mechanisms help...

The problem is that the underscore is interpreted as space and thus you are
searching for "index search" instead of "index_search".

On top of that the result list is still sorted by update instead of by
relavance.

Both issues are known and the TEAM is working on them.

Anyway, you can work around this by using double quotes:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/?id=23&L=0&q=%22indexed_search%22&tx_solr%5Bsort%5D=lastUpdate+desc

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!