[TYPO3-dev] [rfc] Support for ImageMagick PHP module ?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 30 11:55:17 CET 2012

Hi,

On 27-1-2012 20:47, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> To my understanding Typo3 uses ImageMagick by execution of new processes
> because some hosters do not have the imagick PGP Module installed.
> However, with my current favorite hoster the opposite is true: the
> imagick modules is present but execution of processes is not granted to
> PHP.  I had a brief look at the code of Type3 4.6.6 and did not find any
> support for the PHP imagick module as an alternative.

This weekend I had a Skype meeting with Oliver Hader about the graphics
processing in the TYPO3 core. He had some requirements coming from the
FAL project (support of remote image processing) and we exchanged ideas
for a major rewrite.

A solid and flexible library is needed with various 'handlers' to
support IM (command line), GM (command line), GDlib, Imagick, Gmagick,
possible remote processors, and whatever tools may be supported later.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.