[TYPO3-dev] [rfc] Support for ImageMagick PHP module ?

Sebastian Pipping sebastian at pipping.org
Fri Jan 27 20:47:56 CET 2012

Hello!

To my understanding Typo3 uses ImageMagick by execution of new processes
because some hosters do not have the imagick PGP Module installed.
However, with my current favorite hoster the opposite is true: the
imagick modules is present but execution of processes is not granted to
PHP.  I had a brief look at the code of Type3 4.6.6 and did not find any
support for the PHP imagick module as an alternative.

I am wondering: If I started working on a patch to support both
ImageMagick as process invocations as well as PHP module would there be
a chance to get that included in later Typo3 releases?  Also, do you
know of any issues that could make this impossible to implement?  Has
this been decided against before?  If so, what where the reasons?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Sebastian Pipping