[TYPO3-dev] Hook for BE authentication

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Jan 26 08:57:18 CET 2012

kestutis schrieb am 26.01.2012 06:43:

> I would like to add a third field to BE login form and control
> authentication process. But it seems there is no hook for that.
> What is a usual standard procedure to add a hook into
> a TYPO3 core?

Create a feature request in the issue tracker [1], describe your hook
wish and an use-case where and how you will use it. If you can already
implement the hook in the core, go ahead and file push this change via
GIT to our Gerrit Reviewing system [2]. Check this Git Page [3] for more
information and step-by-step walk-throughs.

In this particular case, I think it makes sense. Think about the
"openid" sys-extension, which also needs to manipulate the login form,
which currently is done directly by the core (and not the extension).
Your hook solution should also solve this issue, if possible, so that we
have a generic "login-form-changing" methodology.

Cheers,
Ernesto

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-core/issues
[2] https://review.typo3.org/