[TYPO3-dev] mysql errors log

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Tue Jan 17 16:47:34 CET 2012

On 17.01.12 00:51, Vladimir Podkovanov wrote:
> Hi!
> Does anybody know if there is a reason why SQL errors only can be
> displayed in the UA and can't be logged to devlog, syslog or whatever.
>
> It is especially important because MYSQL also doesn't offer logging SQL
> query errors.
> Without such log I can't check if all are working right in production.

I noticed that the current implementation of logging in t3lib_DB is very
limited.. while implementing the database writer for the new logging [1]
(which failed silently because of wrong table structure). I really
wondered that failing queries are logged nowhere.

So I can't promise anything (at least not for 4.7), but I have this in mind.

BTW: I would even go so far to throw exceptions in case of an SQL query
fails!

Kind regards
Steffen

--