[TYPO3-dev] Character encoding not working (SOLVED)

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Tue Jan 10 15:02:05 CET 2012

Hi,

Henjo Hoeksma wrote:
> Finally cracked the thing.
> The problem was the content. When it contains utf8 encoded content, the
> encoding of the file is also utf8.
> Utf8 decoding the contents of the vcards content resulted in right
> behaviour. Now the cards are good for windows at least... though still not
> for mac.
> But that's another issue.

I don't remember having had problem with encodings in that particular
case but it's a long time since I did last coded vcard export.

Anyway, for your particular case, you could quite easily check the
request headers to infer the platform your current client is using and
thus adapt the output encoding accordingly...

HTH

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6