[TYPO3-dev] Character encoding not working

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Mon Jan 9 20:56:56 CET 2012

On 09.01.12 16:45, Henjo Hoeksma wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> thanks for your response. Unfortunately it doesn't seems to work... I tried
> all possible combinations without luck...
> It looks like something overrules the settings...
> I really have no clue anymore. Which sucks - 'cause my client would like to
> see this fixed last year ;-)

I sucessfuly tested this ts with TYPO3 4.5:

vcf = PAGE
vcf {
     typeNum = 1
     10 = TEXT
     10.value = äöüßé
     config {
     disableAllHeaderCode = 1
     disableCharsetHeader = 1
     metaCharset = iso-8859-1
     additionalHeaders = Content-type:text/vcard; charset=iso-8859-1
     xhtml_cleaning = 0
     admPanel = 0
     debug = 0
     no_cache = 0
     }
}

But there could to be an issue with extbase. What extactly is shown in a
wrong charset? Labels only or also database contents?

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel
TYPO3 Security Team Leader, TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org