[TYPO3-dev] Character encoding not working

Henjo Hoeksma me at henjohoeksma.nl
Thu Jan 5 13:26:41 CET 2012

Hi list,

I would like to generate a vCard (download link) with an iso charset
instead of a uft-8 charset. The rest of the site should be utf-8.

For the vCard a new page type is used:

<ts>
vcf = PAGE
vcf {
    typeNum = 1302109509
    10 = USER
    10 {
    userFunc = tx_extbase_core_bootstrap->run
    pluginName = Organization
    extensionName = organization
    switchableControllerActions {
 Person {
            1 = vcard
        }
    }
    settings =< plugin.tx_organization.settings
    persistence =< plugin.tx_organization.persistence
    view =< plugin.tx_organization.view
    }
    config {
    disableAllHeaderCode = 1
    disableCharsetHeader = 1
    renderCharset = iso-8859-1
    additionalHeaders = Content-type:text/x-vcard; charset=iso-8859-1
    xhtml_cleaning = 0
    admPanel = 0
    debug = 0
    no_cache = 0
    }
}
</ts>

Unfortunately the file is generated as a UTF-8 file. (Checking it in my
terminal using 'file -I person.vcf').

I altered the vCard class to set the iso charset in the content headers as
well. To no avail...
I tried all options I can think of but it looks like something overrules my
settings... or I am missing something of course.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Kind regards,

Henjo

Problems are small because we learned how to deal with them.
Problems are big because we need to learn how to deal with them.