[TYPO3-dev] how to set the charset correctly to UTF-8

Franz Holzinger franz at ttproducts.de
Wed Jan 4 09:43:00 CET 2012

Hello Richard,

On 03/01/12 21:09, Richard Davies wrote:
> The issue is probably that your database is defined previously as latin-1,
> not UTF8. Its all well and good telling everything to output UTF8, but if
> all your previous data is stored in another format then things will get
> bungled. Try dumping your database and reloading it as UTF8 (see
> mysqldump/mysql --char-set flag).
>
> Richard

but if phpMyAdmin shows the correct characters, then the internal
character format should be ok.

Now I have found out that there is also a collation for each table field.
The database and the tables all are set to utf8_general_ci,
but the table fields have different collations:
latin1_german1_ci

How can I use phpMyAdmin to set all collations of all table fields to
utf8_general_ci in one step? It would be hard to do this manually.

- Franz