[TYPO3-dev] XML Export with Fluid

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Thu Feb 23 21:54:12 CET 2012

Michel Georgy - 4eyes GmbH wrote:

Hi Michel,

> We provide an XML Export with Extbase/Fluid for our customer.
>
> Everything works fine, but the Exported XML file contains all the tabs and spaces which
> are used to format the Fluid template.

Right. It's the same with HTML (and any other format) of course.
Probably the easiest solution would be to clean up the output before
saving it to the cache / file system (for example with html tidy [1]).

If you want to use Fluid for that you should have a look at the so
called *interceptors* (see [2]).
We use them to apply htmlspecialchars() to dynamic output and in FLOW3
in order to rewrite resource paths [3].

HTH,
Bastian

[1] http://tidy.sourceforge.net/