[TYPO3-dev] Password expiry and blacklists

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Mon Feb 20 05:16:46 CET 2012

Hi Georg,
On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 08:02:27 +0100
Georg Ringer <typo3 at ringerge.org> wrote:
> > I've written an extension before for a client and hacked the core
> > for that but it was all very messy so I decided against publishing
> > it.
>
> maybe you wanna still share it and post the diffs somewhere?

Happy to do that. Hopefully, I'll be able to share the extension (which
packages the patches as well) by the end of the week. As Helmut has
cleaned up the service chain for 4.7 things might get a it easier if an
extension was based on that version. However, I'd love to see something
that works with 4.5 as well. (My current patch and extension have been
used on 4.4 and 4.5.)

> > The
> > question I want to ask here is how to approach the problem. As I'm
> > not familiar with core development in general, I am worried that I
> > might approach this in a way as to never get my patches approved.
>
> IMO this should be started as an extension as it makes it far easier
> to test things, react better on bugs/features and at the end it can be
> still talked about having it as sysextension shipped with the core.
>
> As a member of the security team I would like to have all those
> features and would be happy to help you developing the extension!

Thanks for the offer. I'll get back to you once I've had some time to
look into this again. Hopefully, this will happen in the next couple of
weeks.

Cheers,
Christian