[TYPO3-dev] Extbase Storage Backend

Philipp Wintermantel lists at ptw.taurus.uberspace.de
Wed Feb 15 19:51:08 CET 2012

Hello Kay,

thanks for your reply :-)

Sure, putting the data access logic to the repository would be an
option. But this would lead to

a) treating the returned data in a different manner than the rest (i'd
like to avoid that since chances are that a subset of the data may be
stored/cached in a corresponding database table, which would lead to
further changes...)

OR

b) implementing the result set with
Tx_Extbase_Persistence_QueryResultInterface (and even
Tx_Extbase_Persistence_QueryInterface for the pagination widget to work
i guess)

Besides, from my understanding the proper and clean way to implement the
data access would be within a storage backend.

Regards,
Philipp