[TYPO3-dev] Authenticating BE User correctly

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Wed Feb 15 16:30:27 CET 2012

Hello guys,

perhaps you know my webdav extension EXT:webdav.

During the last day i found, that it's incompatible to saltedpasswords :(

I do currently authenticate users with the following code:

  $BE_USER->setBeUserByName($result[0]);
  if (!$result || md5($result[1])!=$BE_USER->user['password']) {

Which assumes, that the user has an md5 encrypted password stored in the
database. How is the correct way of authenticating a user with known
plaintext password (http basic auth) independent of the use of any
salting extension?!

Is $BE_USER->processLoginData the right function?

Thanks
Kay

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org