[TYPO3-dev] FLUIDTEMPLATE: How to feed in template from content object?

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Mon Aug 13 10:40:18 CEST 2012

Hi Martin,

> But this doesn't work because in class.tslib_content_fluidtemplate.php
> around line 69 there is:
>
> /**
>  * 1. initializing Fluid StandaloneView and setting configuration
> parameters
>  **/
> $view = t3lib_div::makeInstance('Tx_Fluid_View_StandaloneView');
> 	// fetch the Fluid template
> $file = isset($conf['file.'])
> 	? $this->cObj->stdWrap($conf['file'], $conf['file.'])
> 	: $conf['file'];
> $templatePathAndFilename = $GLOBALS['TSFE']->tmpl->getFileName($file);
> $view->setTemplatePathAndFilename($templatePathAndFilename);
>

> $templatePathAndFilename will be set to FALSE when I provide something
> else than a legal path to an existing file. And then there is no
> template which gives an error.

You're right. Seems indeed like a missing feature that would really be
useful for FLUIDTEMPLATE (a bit less for standard Fluid I guess). I
would contact the Fluid team ASAP and see with them for a tangible
solution to be integrated into 6.0 (no way to get it into 4.7 or 4.6 as
it'll be a new feature). But it has to probably be kept in sync with the
version in FLOW3 and the feature freeze of 6.0 is coming soon.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6