[TYPO3-dev] CZ changed to CS

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu Aug 9 15:48:49 CEST 2012

Hi,

>> it looks like czech translation changed its key from CZ to CS, which is
>> a problem for e.g. 4.5 version, where Czech is referred to as CZ, but
>> translation server now has only CS available and so it's not possible to
>> add czech translation to TYPO3.
>>
>> Why this changed happend? Can it be fixed?
>
> Where do you see this change? Could you please be more specific?
>
> The czech language has always been "cs" in TYPO3 (see t3lib_cs ::
> lang_to_script member).

                // TYPO3 specific: Array with the iso names used for
each system language in TYPO3:
                // Missing keys means: same as Typo3
        var $isoArray = array(
                'ba' => 'bs',
                'br' => 'pt_BR',
                'ch' => 'zh_CN',
                'cz' => 'cs',
                'dk' => 'da',
                'si' => 'sl',
                'se' => 'sv',
                'gl' => 'kl',
                'gr' => 'el',
                'hk' => 'zh_HK',
                'kr' => 'ko',
                'ua' => 'uk',
                'jp' => 'ja',
                'qc' => 'fr_CA',
                'vn' => 'vi',
                'ge' => 'ka',
                'ga' => 'gl',
        );

IIRC the EM in <= 4.5 uses the wrong code (not ISO) to retrieve language
packages. This makes me think that the new packager script does not
handle properly all this list but only a subset.

With 4.6 we found one clash where an old code could not be matched to
the new one because the old code is a valid ISO code that we support but
which does not correspond. Don't remember which language it was though,
some slave one IIRC.

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6