[TYPO3-dev] Reintroducing config.baseURL = 1

Stig Nørgaard Færch snf at dkm.dk
Fri Sep 30 09:42:31 CEST 2011

Den 29-09-2011 09:26, Dmitry Dulepov skrev:
> Hi!
>
> Stig Nørgaard Færch wrote:
>> What do you think?
>
> I do not see why this should be reintroduced and you did not provide the
> reason either. Security implications are against it. So why should we do
> it? :)

Well. First about the security issue. If implemented correctly, there
shouldn't be any issue at all, right?

baseURL vs absRefPrefix is probably a matter of taste?
Anyway, I'm not completely sure about the pros/cons of the two choices:

BaseURL:
Pros:
Extension works always?
Cons:
Needs anchor fix (config.prefixLocalAnchors = all str_replace)
blank links problem
IE6 end tag
realURL configuration more troublesome?

absRefPrefix:
Pros:

Cons:
Doesn't work with all extensions (feeditadvanced for example)
Multiple str_replace on all content - is this a performance issue?

Found this discussion about base tag:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1889076/is-it-recommended-to-use-the-base-html-tag