[TYPO3-dev] Reintroducing config.baseURL = 1

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Thu Sep 29 21:48:45 CEST 2011

Hi Steffen
Steffen Gebert wrote:

> However, what I would expect is that when pid X is accessed with
> HTTP_HOST A, and TYPO3 has to generate the page/links, it checks calls
> getDomainNameForPid(X) and gets back host name B.
> Host name A and B don't have to match, but B is used in every case, as
> it's the active domain for that page.
>
> I don't know what happens, when no domain is configured. Either take the
> risk of cache poisoning, or just die with an exception that
> config.baseUrl = 1/auto/whatever does not work without configured domain
> records.
>
> Do you agree with this procedure?

Yes, sounds cool... would be something for 4.7. Of course die (exception) if
no valid configuration is found.

Oh, now I have an idea:
Provide two settings. auto --> exception if not found

try --> same like auto, but set to empty if not found. I am not sure if we
have stdWrap on config.baseUrl, but if we have, we could just override if
empty ;)

Of course the HTTP Header should have nothing to do with it - no magic - no
cache poisoning. People should get used to set up domain records.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe