[TYPO3-dev] Best practices using github and forge svn in sync?

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Tue Sep 6 17:16:08 CEST 2011

Hi.

We developed an extension so far using github and we'd like to share
with the community. So hosting it on forge sounds reasonable.
Extensions on forge still stick to subversion but we already have
started using git and would like to stay with git.

I am looking for some best practies how to host a project on forge and
github in sync. So far I found a howto in the kaktusteam blog [1] which
explains commiting from a local git to forge svn.
That's quite nice, but we though about something more automagic syncing
stuff. e.g. commiting to svn should trigger a push to github, vice versa.
Would you like to share your experience?

--
cheers,
Steffen

TYPO3 Blog: http://www.t3node.com/