[TYPO3-dev] Translation Problem with IRRE (inline Records)

Stefan Geith typo3dev2010.nospam1 at geithware.de
Thu Oct 27 10:28:08 CEST 2011

Hi Devs,

I have a problem with IRRE and Translations and I don't know if this is
considered to be a bug with IRRE or simply misconfiguration...

Situation:
- Tables Categories and Addresses
- Addresses are Inline-Records of Categories

Translating Records from within Categories all is OK.

*But*: if a BE-User translates an Address-Record,
_before_ the related Category-Record was translated
(cat-field of the translated record is 0 (zero) then!),
this address-record will never be available with the
later translated Category-Record.

When I translate the related Category-Record
(by switching to "Deutsch [NEW]"), then I get
the get this error:
    "Localization failed; There already was a localization for this
language of the record!"
and I will never again be able to access the translated
Address-Record within the translated category.

Questions:

1. How could I prevent BeUser from translating Child-Records ?
    Or - at least - how could I prevent them to translate
    Child-Records before the Parent-Record is translated ?

... I guess, this is impossible

2. IRRE recognizes the problem (see Error-Message above), so
    it could easily calculate the proper category-id and set
    it in the (already translated) address-record,
    but it doesn't - Is this a Bug ?

3. Maybe I simply misconfigured translation... then
    I hope, someone can give me some hints how to
    correctly configure IRRE and translation...

/Stefan