[TYPO3-dev] Ending usage of the Pending Documentation page

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 24 15:45:21 CEST 2011

Hi François,

On 24-10-2011 15:09, François Suter wrote:
> extension manuals too) managed and rendered independently, and have the
> EM point to the online versions directly (HTML to view and PDF to
> download, for example).

Not every installation has full access to internet resources and not all
BE users / admins have internet access while working on a TYPO3
installation.

I know of installations which have a proxy for EM updates and no other
internet access. Having all documentation only online would make it
quite hard for these people.

That's why the way via an extension would make it possible to maintain
documentation separately from the core and yet have the sysexts link to
their own documentation (plus a nice list of locally available general
documentation included in the doc extension)

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.