[TYPO3-dev] BE Language flags (iconworks)

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 22 20:16:06 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 22-10-2011 18:49, Stephen Bungert wrote:
> I need to display BE language flags in a BE module I am developing.
[...]
> I thought maybe with getSystemLanguages()
>
> but the flag element for the the default language just contains
> "empty-empty" instead of "flag-xx".

The name and flag for the default language is set in TSconfig with
mod.SHARED.defaultLanguageFlag and
mod.SHARED.defaultLanguageLabel.

t3lib_transl8tools::getSystemLanguages() has an important parameter:
page_id (default: 0)
This is used to get the TSconfig settings for the default language. If
your installation has the TSconfig for the default language set in page
with id=2 you need to call this function with this value.
If defaultLanguageFlag is empty it will return empty-empty instead of
the flag name.

HTH

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,