[TYPO3-dev] Ending usage of the Pending Documentation page

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Oct 21 19:06:19 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Wouldn't it be best to have parts of the docu in the core, this way the
> change in the rest Manual can be committed with a single patch ...

Definitely not, as it would  mean we could not update documentation
independently of the Core. Furthermore we are rather pursuing the
opposite goal: with the move to reST we aim to move the sysext manuals
out of the Core so that the whole Core-related documentation can be
handled in a common way, which is not the case now. In particular the
sysext manuals are nowhere available online in HTML format, which is bad.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter