[TYPO3-dev] Problem with RSAAuth extension

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Fri Oct 21 11:33:29 CEST 2011

Zach,

On 21.10.11 01:33, Zachary Davis wrote:

> I don't want to get stuck in an argument about the correct place to make
> the fix and then not get this problem fixed. So, I will go ahead and
> push a patch to gerrit that modifies RSAauth to check for the session ID
> (rather than checking if $_SESSION is an array).

this patch is alrady there, waiting to be reviewed (mentioned several
times in this thread):

https://review.typo3.org/#change,5314

> This will mean that
> RSAauth will start the session and overwrite the time tracking value
> that was set by index_ts.php when a BE user is logged in.

This means that the inclusion of class.t3lib_div.php and
class.t3lib_extmgm.php will not be measured.

> Can you live with this as a fix

I can perfectly live with that.

 > Surely this is a better solution than leaving the default
> frontend login broken in 4.6, given that many clients/users will indeed
> login on the front-end while also logged into the backend.

I totally agree.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel
TYPO3 Security Team Leader, TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org