[TYPO3-dev] Problem with RSAAuth extension

Zachary Davis zach at castironcoding.com
Thu Oct 20 15:28:08 CEST 2011

Let me clarify, again, what I'm proposing.

I am _not_ suggesting that we start a session in every call of index_ts.php

I _am_ suggesting that we start a session when there is a backend user
cookie present, which is the only case in which index_ts.php needs to
write to $_SESSION data.

I agree that a larger solution needs to be found for session handling in
TYPO3. However, that's not going to happen before 4.6. What _could_
happen before 4.6, is a minor change that only initializes front-end
sessions when the users is logged into the backend as well. Isn't this a
reasonable compromise that prevents us from releasing 4.6 with a broken
front-end login mechanism?

Zach