[TYPO3-dev] Extension for a new cache backend

Benoit NORRIN benoit at norrin.fr
Sat Oct 8 15:35:39 CEST 2011

Hi Steffen,

2011/10/8 Steffen Gebert <steffen.gebert at typo3.org>

> Hi Benoit,
>
>  Just a little note : I have to install the plugin and run the website (FE
>> suppose) one time before enabling the new cache system.
>> If I install and enable quickly after I got the "no class found"
>> exception.
>> This is probably linked to the order of processing (between autoload
>> system
>> and the generation of temp_* files ?).
>>

> Oh.. I don't know. You could try to set clearCacheOnLoad in ext_emconf.php
> It sounds a bit weird.
>
> Looks like you have one issue with the signature of your constructor. I've
> attached a patch.

Patch will works on 4.6 install but I'm working on 4.5
and t3lib_cache_backend_AbstractBackend constructor looks like to have only
one parameter on this version. This is a important change I think.

So what is the best way to be compatible for both versions ? Multiple
constructors (but painfull in php) ? Condition inside ext_localconf ? What
else ?

It will consider informing the person who made the extension rediscache :)

Thank you !