[TYPO3-dev] Converting ll-xml files to xliff

Žiga Dolhar ziga at dolhar.si
Sat Nov 26 14:14:33 CET 2011

Dear List,

I recently upgraded from 4.5.8 to 4.6.1. I noticed that new format is
used for local translation files.

However, I also noticed that abbreviation for my home locale - Slovenian
- has changed from "si" to "sl" (t3lib_l10n_locales.php,
$isoReverseMapping).

I have an issue when I try to change some translations. My old
translations, which are still picked up by typo3 when generating
frontend, are stored in typo3conf/l10n/*sl*. However, if I open ll-xml
module in BE and try translating files to Slovene, two things happen:

a) current translations are not pulled-in (meaning I get empty forms,
untranslated), and
b) if I translate some strings and save them, they are stored in new
files under typo3conf/l10n/*si* folder.

I would thus like to "transfer" old translations into new ones. How may
I best achieve that?

Yours,
Žiga Dolhar