[TYPO3-dev] Bug in typo3/index.php ?!

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 15:52:29 CET 2011

Hi!

Steffen Ritter wrote:
> I could imagine it's done for RSAauth...

Yes, I think so too. I can remember that I had strong reasons to do it like
that and I explained them to Ingmar and Andreas during code review but I do
not remember now what those reasons were. Most likely it was made for
allowing only one extension to install the code for handling the login form
due to possible conflicts.

If the extension wants to add some static JS (like to add a ticker), it
could supply a template. This is not very flexible but for most customized
installations this will work.

I think we can lift that restriction if it is too restrictive.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security teams member

Simplicity will save the world.