[TYPO3-dev] Annotations of TSRef and other docs

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Nov 18 12:17:08 CET 2011

Hi Peter,

> Back in the old days (TYPO3 v3.6) there was an annotation option when
> reading the TSRef and other mauals.
>
> Here the users could add missing info and examples. Would it be
> possible to get that feature back?

The Documentation Team plans to do this as part of the migration to
reStructured Text. It is our idea that every page of a manual could be
augmented with comments and maybe other stuff as we think about it (e.g.
code snippets).

> As TSRef and other manuals often is missing vital information, and
> you'll have to search the net for clues to what is wrong. (And after
> searching, you find the info on some german blog, but never on
> TYPO3.org ...)

You know if you think that some vital information is missing in a
manual, you should open a bug report about. Each manual has its own bug
tracker on Forge (example for the TSref:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-doc_core_tsref/issues) and we
are maintaining them as best we can, so it's really worth opening
tickets with your remarks.

Reporting helps improving.

Cheers

--