[TYPO3-dev] Translation Problem with IRRE (inline Records)

Stefan Geith typo3dev2010.nospam1 at geithware.de
Thu Nov 17 12:43:37 CET 2011

Hi Devs,

Am 27.10.2011 10:28, schrieb Stefan Geith:
> 2. IRRE recognizes the problem (see Error-Message above), so
> it could easily calculate the proper category-id and set
> it in the (already translated) address-record,
> but it doesn't - Is this a Bug ?

If I want to translate a record with all its inline relations
AND one of these relations already exits, I get this error in BE:

"Localization failed; There already was a localization for this language
of the record" (class.t3lib_tcemain / Line 3845 [T3 4.5.8])

QUESTION:
Wouldn't it be nice to replace the $this->newlog function-call here with
the a call to a function, that
a) Corrects all relations in the already translated record
    (according to IRRE)
b) Instead of an error: only give a note, that an existing record
    was adjusted

I think, it would make sense to change this...

@CoreDevs:

What name should I use for the function, that corrects the references ?
What about    "adjustInlineReferences()"  ?

Where should I place this function ?
In class.t3lib_tcemain.php ?
Appended after the last function of this class ?
Or in a new class ? How should I name it ?

Regards,
    Stefan