[TYPO3-dev] [GIT] How to merge branches

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Wed Nov 16 08:56:02 CET 2011

>> git push origin HEAD:refs/heads/bemodule =>  ERROR: prohibited by gerrit
>> git push origin HEAD:refs/for/bemodule =>  ERROR: not allowed to upload
>> merges
>>
> Otherwise, check the gerrit rights. For pushing merges you will need
> higher rights (+2 or +3 for push).

Exactly, you need special rights in Gerrit to upload merges. I don't
know, what the consequences would be, if you would be allowed to do so
(from the review workflow perspective).

Rebasing the branch would be probably the best way to do so with Gerrit,
however not the classic way to achieve this with Git.

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert