[TYPO3-dev] [GIT] How to merge branches

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Wed Nov 16 08:36:03 CET 2011

Good morning,

got a git question, hopefully someone got the answer too.

I have 2 branches, master and bemodule and latter is used to implement
some bigger features. Now I want to have in branch bemodule an updated
code base of the master.

So i do now:
git checkout origin/bemodule -b fo
git merge origin/master

Now i have the features of branch bemodule and the latest code of
master. ==> I want this now in remote branch bemodule too

git push origin HEAD:refs/heads/bemodule => ERROR: prohibited by gerrit
git push origin HEAD:refs/for/bemodule => ERROR: not allowed to upload
merges

So how do I get this to remote?

thanks a lot!
georg